Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Introduce yourself

Comments

• Thanks Fellas!  Looking forward to learning/sharing some stuff here without having to worry about my spelling/grammar.:)
  • Welcome Kevin.  While we're pretty loose with spelling and grammar, talking about a project you're working on without posting pictures is STRICKLY PROHIBITED. :open_mouth: 
  • PWRRYD said:
    Welcome Kevin.  While we're pretty loose with spelling and grammar, talking about a project you're working on without posting pictures is STRICKLY PROHIBITED. :open_mouth: 

Don't think I'll ever have a problem with not enough pics.  You may be asking me to lighten up a little cause it takes so long for the thread to load.=)
  • Kevin....... You've been drafted!  B)
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • trcose said:
    My name is Tim Cose and I'm from Milwaukee, WI. Married and first child on the way. I have built some speakers, but my real passion (or maybe neurosis is more accurate) is tubes. I publish projects and designs on my website (WTF Amps) and also moderate a couple of the DIY forums on Reddit.

I've been to a couple of meet-ups with other DIYers, but never a full fledged event. I'm looking forward to the next one with this group!
    Let's see some pictures of glowing glass!

I acquired a VE150 tube.  I think I'm gonna build a line stage that needs a regulated 150V B+ just so I can see that baby glow purple.
  • I meant VR150 tube
  • Along with pictures please post actual links of products spoken of in the subject. Even if its to outside websites ;p
  • Hey everyone!  I'm a complete NOOB and am just getting into DIY Speaker Building.  I am pretty competent with woodworking skills and understand general electrical circuits but have a billion questions and can't wait to bug everyone to death.  I live in Southern California and also homebrew beer as another hobby.  I hope there are some home brewers in here too!  Cheers. 

Brandon
    D1PP1N
  • Welcome aboard! Definitely a lot of beer lovers here!
    I have a signature.
  • Welcome Brandon!
       Wish this place was around when I started! You are in good hands :)
  • Hi everyone, great to be here. My name is Brian. I'm from Toronto way up in Canada, and I'm currently a university student studying computer science. Unfortunately at a young age I was diagnosed with a terminal disease called upgraditis. The only treatment available is to constantly upgrade! Therefore I build exclusively active speakers so I can tinker and improve quicker (and I don't have the skills to do passive crossovers). I've built two speakers with a third on the way. My projects are all attempts to build great sounding small speakers as I want a great sounding small speaker to bring with me when I work in Silicon Valley 4 or 8 months of the year. 
    JavadS
  • edited March 2017
    You sell yourself short, writing code is more tedious than passive XO's. I did it many years ago.  :) 
    PS; Glad to meet ya Brian!
  • Hi Brian,
       Great to have you! Beer is in the fridge, and stay the corse. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
  • Welcome to the party Brian.
  • bcodemz said:
    Hi everyone, great to be here. My name is Brian. I'm from Toronto way up in Canada, and I'm currently a university student studying computer science. Unfortunately at a young age I was diagnosed with a terminal disease called upgraditis. The only treatment available is to constantly upgrade! Therefore I build exclusively active speakers so I can tinker and improve quicker (and I don't have the skills to do passive crossovers). I've built two speakers with a third on the way. My projects are all attempts to build great sounding small speakers as I want a great sounding small speaker to bring with me when I work in Silicon Valley 4 or 8 months of the year. 
    Hey Brian! I'm the other Canadian on the board but I live out in Squamish BC. Good to have you :)

Derek
  • Hey everyone! Javad here, I go by "JavadS" on PETT and JShadzi on some other forums, I know most of you guys and looking forward to getting to know you even more in the future =)

I'm really looking forward to InDIYana in 2 weeks, can't wait!  Also MWAF.

If you didn't know, I'm absolutely obsessed with speaker building, I think the virus really took hold December of 2015 and spread rapidly in 2016, despite extensive "AcoustoTherapy" treatments initiated by my wife, it continues to spread and the prognosis is lots more speaker builds in the near future!

It all started when I decided to "add a small surround sound receiver to my TV and add one or two speakers", it rapidly unraveled from there.  My first real build I called the RS4 which I finished about 13 months ago, that was a 4-way translam using all Dayton RS drivers, there is an extensive build thread on TT if you want to check it out.  Since then I have built over a dozen speakers, each pushing my building and design skills a bit further, experimenting with new drivers, concepts, techniques, theories and fun stuff I want to try!  I have built a range of speakers from small bookshelfs to massive tower speakers and even 100hz-20khz horns - been a blast! 

All my builds are pretty well documented, I really like the idea of this group so I'll likely switch my efforts from a few other more stodgy forums to this one, looking forward to interacting with you all more!

I've got 4 kids ranging from 11mo to 9yrs old, married for 17yrs, I own a company that engineers, manufactures and retails automotive performance products for VW and Audi vehicles called 034Motorsport.com.

TL;DR - I've got it bad, it's contagious, escape while you still can!!

Javad

MzissersonFace
  • Hey Javad, see ya at Indy.
    JavadS
  • Welcome Javad! You will enjoy it here and your work is incredible. Looking forward to what you cook up.
    JavadS
  • Welcome to the board, Javad!   And welcome to everyone else that has joined in the past several months.   This is my first time logging on in quite some time.  Looks like we are going to have quite the showdown in Indy.
    JavadS
  • To all the new guys - welcome, and keep our very simple rules in mind! 

Good to see you!
    I have a signature.
  • I wish everyone would take advantage to introduce themselves. It makes it easier on us old folks. LMFAO!
    Kenny
    4thtry
  • Intro update:

I'm also getting back into tube electronics.  I had an old Dynaco PAS 3X pre-amp (4-12Ax7's) which I modified into a David Vohis "LAST PAS," then gave it away (good home).  I had a pair of Dynaco ST-70 tube power amps which I modified several times, then gave them away (wish I still had them).  Also gave away my tube tester many years ago.

I picked up a used Heathkit tube tester (TC-2) at Fair Radio Sales, so now I can test tubes again.  This is not one of the best testers, but it is good enough for my purposes.  It will not measure true transconductance, but it will tell you if a tube is shorted and how the plate current flow compares to similar tubes.  Looking forward to more tube projects on the forum.

Bill  
  • I'm good for about one tube project per year  :)
    4thtry
  • Hello, Ed Lindsey here, known as bungelow_ed here and on TT and other audio related forums.  Look time music collector, I still have my original Beatles and Beach Boys albums.  Live in Phoenix, AZ with my wife of 23 yrs and our two boys, 18 and 14 yrs old.  In addition to speaker building, my hobbies include rock-hounding, lapidary, and woodworking. 
    jr@mac
  • Welcome Ed. 
    bungelow_ed
    I have a signature.
  • Thanks, jr@mac.  Great to be here.
  • Glad your here Ed.
  • Yo, Eric AKA killa on PE and killa25 on gaming accounts (ps3 ps4). A lot of you have seen me on PE. I have slowed down on speaker builds lately and PE forums have gotten boring since the switch to the new format IMO.
     Currently my other hobby (motorcycles) has taken over along with playing music. Good to see some old PE vets here. This format looks to be a lot more open and allows for more interesting ideas than PE's current forum. I have already been looking and see things that would not be allowed to be posted over there.
  • Hi ya Eric.
  • My name is Howard Stever.  I live in Ste. Genevieve, Mo.  It is just south of St. Louis.  I just retired in February.  I have two hobbies, speaker building and fishing.  I have built many designs but want to design my own crossovers some day.