Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (8)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Pro Driver Active 2 Way Project

Hi guys.
I've just got started on my latest project which I hope to demo this fall in Iowa. It is a monkey coffin 2-way using Eminence Delta Pro12A woofers and the newly released Tymphany DFM-2536R00-08 compression drivers in SEOS12 waveguides. I am using a MiniDSP 2x4 and two TDA7492 amp boards powered with 19.5 V laptop SMPS bricks. Modeling shows the drivers will output over 102 dB with only 15 watts (after BSL) so those tiny amp boards should be more than enough. I am excited to start playing with the MiniDSP. I should have the rough enclosures ready for driver measurements by next weekend. Here is a picture of what I've got done so far:

Prodriveractive1_zps9gbxewhx.jpg

Comments

• I'm looking forward to this Craig. Not only to hear the pro drivers (esp. the new Tymphany compression) but also those TDA class D chipamps.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."