Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Table saw stand

@JavadS wanted to see how I built my table saw stand so here are a few shots =)

I based the build on 2x4 handy panels and 2x4's from HD as that's what I usually buy as I can fit them in my Mini. The base is a piece of 3/4" plywood with six castors on it. The table saw sits on a 2x2 piece of mdf. I then cut 1ft of the end of 2 pieces of mdf (one 1/4" piece and one 3/4") to make a 2x3 board to put the router plate into. Then I took that cut off and put it behind the table saw. So I know have a 3x4 work surface. The entire thing is just over 3ft tall. My "shop" is only 8ft square, as I built the walls to keep all the dust off of everything in the garage. Lastly I just drilled a few holes through the top to secure the router fence.

You have to remember to make a cutout for the back fence runner or you won't be able to make any cuts smaller than 4" or so.

kennykTurn2JavadSgreywarden

Comments

• Nice compact table. How do you attach the router to the table? Is there some sort of quick release?
  • Very nice thanks for posting the details! Such a capable little saw, just needs a bigger work surface, great work  :)

Javad
    squamishdroc
  • ani_101 said:
    Nice compact table. How do you attach the router to the table? Is there some sort of quick release?
    There are 2 bolts that drop through the plate and thread into the router base. Not the best setup but I now have 2 routers so one can just stay bolted to the table.
  • I made a trip to the tool store last week and added a miter track to the table and got a miter gauge that doesn't flop around in the saws' channel as well. 
  • Love that miter gauge, I use the same one =)
  • JavadS said:
    Love that miter gauge, I use the same one =)
    It's nice to have one that doesn't flop around in the channel on the saw that's for sure.