Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

DIY - but not speakers

Comments

• PWRRYD said:
    Or go with some Kook's stainless steel long tubes.  They're only about a grand :astonished: 
    You mean Krooks? ;)
  • Face said:
    PWRRYD said:
    Or go with some Kook's stainless steel long tubes.  They're only about a grand :astonished: 
    You mean Krooks? ;)
    Yep.
  • Putting together an "ASAP" mechanical punch-list at the moment. 

1. The drivers side door likes to surprise me by opening at inopportune times. Exhilarating, but ultimately dangerous. 

2. With the switch to the HEI ignition, I suspect the factory gap on the plugs is inadequate. 

3. The gas is old and moldy. This combined with the spark is contributing to some doggy behavior. 

4. Speedometer reads very slow - with the transmission swap I expected this. With my GPS it shows 43mph actual and speedo shows 35mph. 

5. Rear end is flolloping all over the place - no sway bar installed.

6. Front end is flolloping all over the place - similar story. Entire suspension needs overhauled/upgraded. 

7. Tires/wheels mounted.

8. Tranny lines leaking at the radiator.

9. Ugly one - frost plug hidden behind drivers side motor mount is leaking. Yuck. 

10. Heater motor non-functional.

11. Brake fluid reservoir leaking - probably a simple gasket swap as it is coming from under the lid. 

12. The steering column has some slop in the reverse location - have to finagle it a bit to get it to work right. Not sure if this a rebuild or replace scenario, however. 

Good news is, and I am surprised I had not noticed this until I was laying on my mechanics driveway yesterday, is the rear has already been lowered ~2". This was accomplished by compressing the coils, probably with a torch. I will change those out for proper lowering springs at some point. 

It runs at about 65psi of oil pressure. 

The coolant system holds good pressure.

Transmission is barely noticeable when it shifts - very smooth. He did a good job on that rebuild.

On my "someday" punch-list: 

1. The truck has 4.10:1 posi-trac rear end, which begs for a 700R4 swap at some point. 

2. A set of aluminum heads, ceramic coated headers, and a proper dual exhaust.

3. Correct 1972 grill.

4. Cheyenne Super tail-gate. 

5. Freshen up the body work/paint job.

6. Factory tach gauge cluster - or an aftermarket alternative. 

The truck is 99% complete - no missing bright-work etc. Much of it is showing its age, however, with a lot of the chrome having the tell-tale patina. Probably not salvageable as-is, but I will investigate it. If it is shit, then off it goes. Replacement stuff is not all that expensive if I limit myself to a few pieces per month. 

kennykjhollander
    I have a signature.

• kennykgreywardenSilver1omoRon_ES7910squamishdroc
    I have a signature.
  • White lettering and those wheels!...........damn vent windows!!!  Old school, brings back a boat load of memories. <3
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Took her for a spin today, runs like a champ. Going to put new heads, cam, headers, dual exhaust thus winter. Bottom end was all done 20k ago. 
    greywardenS7910
    I have a signature.
  • Looking good man! New shoes always freshens up a sweet ride!

• Some life left in that old paint...
    kennyksquamishdrocS79104thtryFace
    I have a signature.
  • Looking good
  • Can you pull the camera back..........a little. <3
  • DDIY is soon...
    kennyk
    I have a signature.
  • Can hold a lot of speakers............door prizes............food..............BEER!
    jr@macgreywarden
  • Looking good JR! The 3M is good stuff.

• All three of my pretty girls in one picture. I am a lucky man. 
    Nicholas_23kennykPWRRYD4thtrysquamishdrocR-Carpenter
    I have a signature.
  • That 3M Perfect-It Machine Polish is incredible. 
    I have a signature.
  • Awesome!  How long until your daughter will be driving it? ;)
  • I will teach her and Amanda the ins and outs of a carbureted vehicle with 70's style 57 turns lock-to-lock power steering this summer. 

That being said, I do plan on replacing the 4-1/2 turn steering sector with a 3-1/4 turn unit. I just dont have time to spend 1/2 my day spinning a steering wheel in parking lots :-;
    I have a signature.
  • I saw a truck just like yours the other day but it was red - wanted to stop and take a picture but it was on the wrong side of the road.

• Purty sunset pic. 
    R-Carpenter4thtryFace
    I have a signature.

• Wifey got an even purtier shot. 
    kennykR-Carpenter4thtryFace
    I have a signature.

• Not the best shot - but has been lowered. Waiting for alignment. 
    ani_101kennyk
    I have a signature.
  • The model is pretty hawt, though. 
    ani_101kennyk
    I have a signature.
  • At first glance the picture that looksd like a mini skirt not tan pants!
  • I thought so too, had to take a second look

• Before and after lowering. 

kennykS7910squamishdrocD1PP1N
    I have a signature.

• Or perhaps, after and before is more accurate 
    kennyk
    I have a signature.
  •  Needs more lowering  :p
  • Drop it to the weeds bro!  :p 
  • Thats as low as Ill take it. 
    I have a signature.
  • Makes me wana get a classic too......