Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

DIY - but not speakers

Comments

• ...and my wifes dad has a project as well. This belonged to his dad. 

FacekennykNicholas_23squamishdrocThumperTomSilver1omoS7910
    I have a signature.
  • That is a sweet, sweet ride.

• kennykThumperTomsquamishdroc
    I have a signature.
  • What is that, a glorified fuel leak on top of the engine? ;)
  • 6thplanet said:
    What is that, a glorified fuel leak on top of the engine? ;)
    I don't see a Holley anywhere...
    I have a signature.

• Guess what I boughted today?
    kennykSilver1omoFace
    I have a signature.
  • Those look GooD!!!
  • Love the classics! What size?
  • Close to factory - 15x8. 

This should be pretty streetable by DDIY. Leaving my mechanics very soon and headed to tire/suspension/alignment shop next. Needs about 2" taken off the height on both ends and just need to check overall undercarriage health etc. Then the major mechanicals are done and I can start the nickle and dime shit-list lol. 
    I have a signature.
  • I like it! The little stuff can add up quick. But it will be worth it in the end!
  • Next major investment is a Retrosound deck and some kickpanels to get some tunes. 

In the meantime, got a myriad small items to fix... 

Heater motor bad - requires removal of a hood hinge or inner fender. 

Heater controls seized up. 

Incorrect grill. 

Missing various chrome/other trim.

The list will be lengthy, I am sure.  

You know a truck in its 40's is a lot like a guy in his 40's. 
    squamishdrocFace
    I have a signature.
  • I can nickel plate if needed. Size is limited tho.

• Hmmmmmmm........ nickel plated truck.............
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Butler Nickel. Interesting history behind it.
    But really, switches gauge rings, stuff like that.
  • Roman - I plan on taking you up on that, I believe. It will be a while, like next fall before it goes into hibernation for the winter.
    I have a signature.
  • I also can nickel, hard chrome, zinc, cadmium, and phosphate steel and stainless parts, as well as anodize and chem film aluminum parts.  Part size limited to 6' x 4' x 2'.  We do high end plating for aerospace and the military.
  • PWR, so you can get small batch parts anodized? If so what's like an average cost of two aluminum pieces 5"x7"X1.25" in black?
  • PWRRYD said:
    I also can nickel, hard chrome, zinc, cadmium, and phosphate steel and stainless parts, as well as anodize and chem film aluminum parts.  Part size limited to 6' x 4' x 2'.  We do high end plating for aerospace and the military.
    I am jealous! My set up is a 6"x8' PVC pipe with small chemical pump, 10 amp rectifier and 800watt titanium heater.
  • 6thplanet said:
    PWR, so you can get small batch parts anodized? If so what's like an average cost of two aluminum pieces 5"x7"X1.25" in black?
    I am interested in this too...
  • ... in the meantime, Roman, I am doing cabinet drawings for a project that will likely require CNC work....
    I have a signature.
  • If it is not too complex I can get it for you too. I have access till April end to the CNC.
  • Good to know, Ani. 
    I have a signature.

• Shes running. 
    Silver1omoFacesquamishdroc
    I have a signature.
  • Sweet! Gotta do something with those manifolds!
  • Maybe someday. 
    I have a signature.
  • Those old center dump manifolds actually flow pretty decent. Maybe bead blast em and squirt them with some high temp gray paint. 
  • Or go with some Kook's stainless steel long tubes.  They're only about a grand :astonished: 
  • Home (for now). Still gotta go to the alignment/tire shop. That is brother Nick photo bombing. 
    kennykR-CarpentersquamishdrocMzissersonS7910
    I have a signature.
  • Pretty nice truck. Saw the rims that will be going it and will be a nice touch. I should've gave a cheesier smile.