Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Semi OT- What could go wrong with this, really?

Comments

• That doesn't look dangerous at all, lol. 
  • You might have a bouncer there
  • Very nice saber saw Mike.  I've used a 12" long blade on my Miwaukee Sawzall but it was for demolition work not building something.
  • PWRRYD said:
    Very nice saber saw Mike.  I've used a 12" long blade on my Miwaukee Sawzall but it was for demolition work not building something.
    Thanks. I am going to try it, very carefully,  as my new facet blade. I have been using 6" blades, however with wider angle facets the blade tends to cup a bit. I go slow, too. 

I am hoping with the thickness and rigidity of this blade, It will power through. The teeth are more agro, too. 

.....need to do a pratice cut...
  • Interested to see the results post pics please!
  • D1PP1N said:
    Interested to see the results post pics please!
    will do!
  • Keep your eyes peeled on Craigslist for a Festool TS55...or even better, TS75.  Just a little safer and more precise. 
  • The ts55 depth of cut is 1-7/8's at 90 degrees and depending on angle and baffle thickness it may not reach. So i would go with ts75. I did buy the makita tracksaw for this purpose but havent done it on a baffle yet. Makita is 2-1/8" or a tad more perhaps i cut a 2" piece of purpleheart with it no prob's though! 
    MzissersonkennykPWRRYD
  • Have the Makita and love it.
    Face
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • I picked up this little festool accessory for the makita rail. Its a cord and hose guide sp you dont get them caught or cut on the sharp edge of the rail. Everything from festool includng the rail and mft are usable with the makita. 
  • Pretty handy.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Glad you got a sweet deal on the Makita ;)
    D1PP1N
  • D1PP1N said:
    The ts55 depth of cut is 1-7/8's at 90 degrees and depending on angle and baffle thickness it may not reach. So i would go with ts75. I did buy the makita tracksaw for this purpose but havent done it on a baffle yet. Makita is 2-1/8" or a tad more perhaps i cut a 2" piece of purpleheart with it no prob's though! 
    Easy, finish off the cut with a hand saw.
  • Face said:
    D1PP1N said:
    The ts55 depth of cut is 1-7/8's at 90 degrees and depending on angle and baffle thickness it may not reach. So i would go with ts75. I did buy the makita tracksaw for this purpose but havent done it on a baffle yet. Makita is 2-1/8" or a tad more perhaps i cut a 2" piece of purpleheart with it no prob's though! 
    Easy, finish off the cut with a hand saw.
    I mark the facets, use the jig to cut *just* inside the line, then use 40G on my palm sander to finish. The whole process takes no time. If I eas working with something other then chemical wood, It would have to be done by saw 100%. 
  • Chemical wood... never heard that before.  That is awesome!!!