Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

We'll put a happy little sale over here

Comments

• Thanks Geoff!
  • Great Sale!!!
  • Hey @Ge_off_me I've got a couple questions for you. 1) why do I get an error 404 when I click on either the "woofer" page or the specific size of woofers? (win10pro 64, chrome, Intel/Nvidia) And 2) do y'all carry any DVC 10" woofers/subs? (bc I can't look them up :anguished: )
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • The 55-1240 is, on paper at least, a great example of an old school "true" acoustic suspension woofer. Reasonably low Fs, moderately high Q, and very high compliance plus good excursion. I'll do some modeling later, and probably pick up a pair when they go on sale. Will make a perfect vintage 2-way. 
    MzissersonR-Carpenter
    I have a signature.
  • ...if they are re-stocked, that is. 

Tweeter will probably be this: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/MCM-AUDIO-SELECT-53-1225-/53-1225

Throw together a sealed box with some kind of wood grain finish and go with it.  
    Mzisserson
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    The 55-1240 is, on paper at least, a great example of an old school "true" acoustic suspension woofer. Reasonably low Fs, moderately high Q, and very high compliance plus good excursion. I'll do some modeling later, and probably pick up a pair when they go on sale. Will make a perfect vintage 2-way. 
    I planned on picking up a pair of these during the sale for the same reason. I wish there were more TRUE acoustic suspension drivers in the world. Not just high Q crap due to a crappy motor. 
  • I ordered a pair of the 55-1240, but they are back ordered at the moment. Very curious about them, figure can't go too wrong since they are only around $11 at the sale price. 

As much as I wanted to order about $200 worth of drivers, I had to decline since I am behind on a few projects as-is. 
    I have a signature.
  • Put in an order right before the sale. Got 7.5uF caps instead of the 6.8's I ordered. Of course CS isn't available over the holiday. For '17, like '16, my timing is impeccable.
  • Turn2 said:
    Put in an order right before the sale. Got 7.5uF caps instead of the 6.8's I ordered. Of course CS isn't available over the holiday. For '17, like '16, my timing is impeccable.
    I'm sorry about that, CS is here now, give us a call and we will get it straightened out for you.

Best Regards,

Geoff Schneider
  • Quad of 55-1240's for me

...and a pair of 53-5160's.....

....And some cool clearance aa/aaa battery chargers

....And a long RCA cable I needed....

....Then I applied the  discount code and needed another $7 for free shipping....

...And I grabbed a 4-pack of rechargeable batts....

Damn you Geoff... 
    PWRRYDGe_off_mekennyk
  • Ge_off_me said:
    Turn2 said:
    Put in an order right before the sale. Got 7.5uF caps instead of the 6.8's I ordered. Of course CS isn't available over the holiday. For '17, like '16, my timing is impeccable.
    I'm sorry about that, CS is here now, give us a call and we will get it straightened out for you.

Best Regards,

Geoff Schneider
    No problem. It was fixed almost as soon as their doors opened this morning. I wasn't too worried, just slightly annoyed for a day.

• I just got the Bob Ross reference, lol.
    Ge_off_me