Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Comments

• That's a hell of a price, wish I had a use for it.
  • Face said:
    That's a hell of a price, wish I had a use for it.
    No kidding.
    I have a signature.
  • I see they added NS18s to their specials section, as well as a few other additional drivers.  I wonder if it's a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale or if they're looking to clear all these drivers out.
  • All sorts of specials over there for the right person. I bet they are trying to blow out some old inventory . Those Eton drivers are fairly new if I remember correctly but too rich for my blood
  • All sorts of specials over there for the right person. I bet they are trying to blow out some old inventory . Those Eton drivers are fairly new if I remember correctly but too rich for my blood
    You're correct, they are new.  IMO, they're still overpriced. 
  • Face said:

You're correct, they are new.  IMO, they're still overpriced. 
    I agree. Waaaayyyyy overpriced.
  • The Satori 4ohm is the same price.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • I grabbed a pair of L6, a pair of F5, and a pair of those little white Vifapeerlesstymphany drivers. Good stuff to have on the shelf for those "can you help me build a speaker?" moments. 
    Mzisserson
    I have a signature.
  • Neo1.5cd for $29...

The Seas U16 $40 off per pair.....They would match the 2604 SEs I have on the way. It is going to take quite a bit not to order a pair.

I hate good sales at bad times. I would love to pair it with a 10" pr in a thin, deep, tapered tower. 

MAGNUM OPUS

I cannot forget  have a giant build coming...

I cannot be the only one who goes through this torture....
  • Neo1.5cd for $29...

The Seas U16 $40 off per pair.....They would match the 2604 SEs I have on the way. It is going to take quite a bit not to order a pair.

I hate good sales at bad times. I would love to pair it with a 10" pr in a thin, deep, tapered tower. 

MAGNUM OPUS

Mike, you know that you NEED a NS18 in each tower.  :D
    kennykMzisserson
  • Neo1.5cd for $29...

Could make for a nice rear-firing tweeter to spice up the soup. Adjustable of course and turned sideways. :3
    Mzisserson
  • Face said:
    Neo1.5cd for $29...

MAGNUM OPUS

Mike, you know that you NEED a NS18 in each tower.  :D
    Get real, not efficient enough! I will use two per side instead, work out the whole 2 ohm thing later lol  
  • Neo1.5cd for $29...

Could make for a nice rear-firing tweeter to spice up the soup. Adjustable of course and turned sideways. :3
    Roman, that may not be the worst idea. Have it switchable all together, and when in, have it on a good l-pad. It could make a giant speaker sound smaller. 
  • Is it me or is PE's selection of Cyber Monday specials lackluster?
  • Face said:
    Is it me or is PE's selection of Cyber Monday specials lackluster?
    Very. No real special specials, too. 
  • edited November 2016
    Stack a BF discount with a special and...maybe okay. Otherwise, not too thrilling.
  • It has been a few years since they have had sales that make DIY'ers happy. Kind of sad - in addition to losing the DOTD, their flyers are full of stuff that is *not* on-sale. Kind of frustrating, actually. Used to be, they would put the stuff on-sale that was used in their flyer project showcase, for example. 

To bitch a little further - they call buyouts and clearance items "on-sale" so search results are totally swamped with bullshit. 

Top it off with a website that exhibits increasingly greater latency and unreliability and the shopping experience at PE is really, really un-exciting. 
    FaceMzisserson
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:

To bitch a little further - they call buyouts and clearance items "on-sale" so search results are totally swamped with bullshit.
    This always struck me as false advertising.
  • PE sales, buyouts and clearance...........PASS.
  • Grabbed some 5" Satoris. Yeah, weak willed.
    Facejr@macMzissersonNicholas_23squamishdrocJasonP
  • The deal of the week this week isn't too bad (>20% off on a nice driver), but nothing like when I bought the DOTD Usher 8945A for $80 each!!!  That was $50 off!
  • Nice drivers Kenny.
  • I bought the neocd 1.0 from PE...  :s
    It already shipped, I checked... So couldn't. Cancel it.
  • The deal of the week is a clearance driver...  
    I have a signature.
  • The buyouts use to be pretty good brand names, now they are hit or miss most being paperweights... More miss than hit. It also seems there is a lot of churn and except for 10yr old + legacy drivers there are always new drivers coming and going...Most of them lackluster anyway. 

They are adding and cluttering up their current selections with tons of stuff that is undesirable, and like JR pointed out their website is an abortion. It took me forever putting together the first BOM of the design team project because it was like I has a 56K modem.  

Guess we will see what happens. Looking at customer reviews it does not seem they are appealing to the disciplined DIY-er anymore anyway, rather replacement parts and contractors. Worked for Radio Shack I guess....

With MCM seriously stepping up their game, Madi and knee-cap carrying very good and desirable product Winter may be coming for PE. 

I am still grateful for what they do and say this knowing there are things I don't know about their business. Also, they have always treated me top-notch despite some shadyness as a whole in the DIY community (mainly their contests, competitions, and apparent back-alley deals) they are still a solid 7 in my 0-10 but I am finding myself looking elsewhere more often now simply because they are not carrying what I desire. 
  • The PE commercial pricing is abysmal at best unless you are buying literally in the hundreds. For the smaller guys like myself, its sometimes cheaper to buy as an individual for the free shipping! On a recent quote for a potential customer, $3k in gear (amps, 70v system, wiring, etc) my "profit" was about $130. Woohoo! 
  • I bought a pair of Fountek ribbons.  Bad for the budget right now but that's a good price on a true ribbon.

Ron
  • I try to purchase from PE at every opportunity(loyalty....guilty conscience), but it is becoming harder.
  • I've been "lusting" for Satori MW13P's for some time that would go in a future project I have in mind but Roman's measurements concerned me so I've held off pulling the trigger. The 2nd order spike at 1500 hz. concerns me enough to look around for other alternatives.

Am I being paranoid?

Jim
  • Do you have a link for the measurements?