Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

GRT 145 Second Gen Viawave tweeter is getting tested and finalaized.

Comments

• Oh my

My signature goes here
  • Thanks Roman, these happen to fit right in with a build I am putting together... A semi high efficiency 3 way.
  • The first shipment is spoken for. I just send the message with details.
    Looking forward to your impressions.  :)
    Thank you all.
    Mzisserson
  • The first shipment is spoken for. I just send the message with details.
    Looking forward to your impressions.  :)
    Thank you all.

Any idea when more of these would be available Roman?  I have an active build planned for right after MWAF using the ES180's and would love to pair them up with these.
  • Hi Kevin.
    Let me find out. I was hoping for the end of June as I have a custom build coming up as well. I'll update as soon as I know.
    Nicholas_23
  • Hi Kevin.
    Let me find out. I was hoping for the end of June as I have a custom build coming up as well. I'll update as soon as I know.
    Sounds good, thanks. 
  • edited June 2017
    First shipment came in safe and sound. Going start working on the second shipment.

kennykgreywardenFaceJasonP4thtry
  • Awww like a witter of widdle kitties
  • I need more money... :'(
  • I'm with him, I need a better paying job

• 6thplanet said:
    I need more money... :'(

I'm with him, I need a better paying job
    Maybe they can become a door prize.............maybe.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Those higher paying jobs come at a cost - I lack time to do a lot of fun stuff anymore. Hopefully after August or so I can get back to having a life. 
    I have a signature.
  • I can't do 145s as door prizes this year. There aren't enough of them. It's a new tweeter and basically, almost everything that's been manufactured now is already spoken for. Sorry about it.
    I may be able to get a pair of 850s as a door prize but.......
    I don't like the idea of door prizes. And let me explain why.
    Manufacturers give away drivers so people will build projects, comment on components and create buzz around them, which sells components. Giveaways drivers often end up in the hands of random show attendee and never go in the build but rather on the shelve to collect dust or ebay.
    What I would like to do or rather  Mr.Dmitri, is to entertain the idea of creating small contest for a giveaway where participants would introduce an idea and some sort of publishing commitment. I'll talk to him in the next few days and see what his response is.
    Meanwhile, if you guys want to do a group buy, I can pitch that as well.
    Retail price on 145 will be set at $225 each. Because of the shipping costs and few other issues (for example, D is now buying Russian made neo magnets because of the plating quality.) the price is a bit higher than was expected. I was initially contemplating $190 or so.
    Now, if the group buy is big enough (5 pairs+) shipping becomes much less per tweeter and there's room for discounts. I may even make a few $.
    Suggestions are welcome. I don't mind if you throw an internet tomato at me as well. Just be constructive about it. B)

Silver1omo
  • I'm interested in the group buy.  Let me know what I need to do.
  • Start a new thread asking who wants to join?

• Alright guys. The first batch have been tested for a week now and about to be fedexed to the owners for independent testing and listening impressions. I will let others comment on the performance and measurements.
    As far as the prices goes, I will keep it lower for the members of this forum. Retail right now is set at $225 per tweeter. MAC members will be able to get it at $190. Next shipment is expected by second week of July.
  • edited June 2017
    Note V22 Sound Easy. :)
    I like ESS sweeps.
  • Woot!

R-Carpenter
    I have a signature.
  • Thank you Ryan.
  • edited December 2017
    New design from Troels with GRT145
    http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/ATiRi.htm
  • I am still debating on mids to use with these. I have several options in-house, but am also looking at some other options. 
    I have a signature.
  • Will there be another order placed?  I'm definitely interested.
  • I get 5 to 10 pairs at the time to save on international shipping. Have couple of pair on hand. Next order will arrive in Feb 2018.
  • Priced between $350 and $400 a pair is quite good with cross around 1600hz. Of course, this could be Russian collusion. 

• I'll take a pair when they arrive.
  • Gowa said:

Priced between $350 and $400 a pair is quite good with cross around 1600hz. Of course, this could be Russian collusion. 

That is borderline against ToS, by the way. 
    R-CarpenterGowa
    I have a signature.
  • Guys.
    The price for the members of this forum is $190 for each tweeter. Reg price is $225. PM me if you want a pair.
    I have only 2 pairs left. Next shipment will arrive in Feb.
    If you looking for discounted price, PM me through MAC DIY not the viawaveusa.com
    D1PP1N
  • That is a good price for what amounts to a world-class ribbon tweeter. I listen to and enjoy the first generation Viawave every day. I have another pair of those slated for an eventual high end build in my "nerdery" and a pair of the 2nd generation that is slated to be used in a high end tower to alternate with the Taiga. The Nerdery speaker will use a black coned SB Acoustics 5", and not sure what the Taiga alternative will use - I am waiting for a good deal for a quad of 7" woofers such as Wavecor, Rival, Motus. The mid will be a Rival 5" another member sold me at a great price. 
    I have a signature.
  • The second get should be able to cross to a 7 inch or a pair. Mine is getting paired to a pair of PM180