Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Attn: Matt V.

Did you receive your 2nd tweeter yet?
I have a signature.

Comments

• Not yet. I was going to message you, but saw this thread first.
  • I will get a hold of Geoff.
  • Thank you, Chuck.
  • Hey Matt,

I got your old Akai X-2000S working again this morning!!!  Played a pre-recorded R2R tape through the 4" wing speakers and it sounded pretty good, all things considered.  Right now, I can only record and playback at 1 7/8 or 3 3/4 ips because the capstan collar is missing.  This is a small collar that fits over the capstan to make the capstan slightly larger so that it can play and record R2R tapes at 7.5 ips.  You wouldn't happen to have this collar sitting in a junk box somewhere?   Whoever used the machine last probably took the collar off to play or record at 1 7/8 ips and then forgot to put the collar back on.   Just wondering.

Bill     

• Hi Bill,

That's great that it's up and running again! I don't have the capstan collar, unfortunately, that was missing when I got it and I didn't even realize it was missing. There are a couple places locally where I can ask around to see if they have a compatible collar, if you want.

Matt
  • No problem.  Just thought I would ask just in case you had it sitting in a junk box.  Don't bother spending any time looking for one.  It's no big deal.  Thanks for looking.  Also, my brother has one of these decks and I can ask him if I can "borrow" his capstan collar on a temporary basis!   Bill
  • JR and Chuck, thanks for the footwork on your end. I've received the tweeter. Now for the eternal dilemma of the DIYer - deciding what to pair it with ;) . I have some ideas, but will let things percolate for a bit.