Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Amazing wife - very off topic

So the major reason I did not attend Iowa this year is that it happened to fall very close to my 20th anniversary. So what did this amazing woman do for me?????
This: http://www.thextremexperience.com/supercars/ferrari-f430/

3 laps in a super car. And she has been keeping this secret from me for 3 months!  I love this woman oh so much.
kennykFacesquamishdrocjr@macjhollanderJasonPD1PP1NS7910Nicholas_23greywardenand 1 other.

Comments

• Congrats! Sounds like true love to me.

I'm the most "not car guy" you may ever meet, but even I felt floored reading about that F430. Tell us about the ride!
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • That would be alot of fun. Awesome thing for her to do for you. 
  • What track will you be driving at Chuck?
  • Joliet, IL at the Autobahn Country Club 
  • Jeremy Clarkson favors it very well .Go pro this shit if you get a chance. This thing has a "snow mode"???!!!???

• Bucket list , 308gtb for me . You have a wonderful wife sir. Can get into Ferrari on the cheap in mondial

greywarden
  • Bucket list , 308gtb for me . You have a wonderful wife sir. Can get into Ferrari on the cheap in mondial

Your average modern family sedan is quicker than one of those.  Unless you're after looks and sound, you can do much better.

• So yeah....This was beyond cool. I did a 3 lap ride around first to get a feel for the track and see what the lines looked like. Where and when to brake, lift off the pedal, where to accelerate. Very helpful

Then it was time to drive the Ferrari. Oh my! The car was incredibly comfortable. The response to driver input immediate. I've driven a lot of vehicles, but I'm a truck guy at heart. Driving something like this was just amazing! I think my top speed was just north of 125mph on the front 1/4 mile straight away. 3laps on a 1.5 mile track was fast!

The unfortunate part for me is that I have an incredibly weak stomach so while I did not get sick, afterward I was emotionally, physically done. To the point that my wife had to drive home. The adrenaline and motion sickness was just too much. I realized in all of this that I have an incredible wife that always goes beyond to suprised and support me in everything. 
    jr@macNicholas_23JasonPD1PP1NThumperTomFacekennykgreywardenS7910
  • edited October 2016
    Wish they had a Caterham http://us.caterhamcars.com/  .  B)
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • edited October 2016

So yeah....This was beyond cool. I did a 3 lap ride around first to get a feel for the track and see what the lines looked like. Where and when to brake, lift off the pedal, where to accelerate. Very helpful

Then it was time to drive the Ferrari. Oh my! The car was incredibly comfortable. The response to driver input immediate. I've driven a lot of vehicles, but I'm a truck guy at heart. Driving something like this was just amazing! I think my top speed was just north of 125mph on the front 1/4 mile straight away. 3laps on a 1.5 mile track was fast!

The unfortunate part for me is that I have an incredibly weak stomach so while I did not get sick, afterward I was emotionally, physically done. To the point that my wife had to drive home. The adrenaline and motion sickness was just too much. I realized in all of this that I have an incredible wife that always goes beyond to suprised and support me in everything. 
    Once you have driven an exotic car on the track it does give you more of an appreciation for what these cars were built for. I'm glad you got the chance to experience it and that your wonderful wife surprised you with this! It's almost like they listen to us sometimes ;)