Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Ky diy 2016

Short notice but we are going to put this together. Eric who usually heads it up is starting a new job and just can't do it this time. It will be either Nov 12 or the 19, should know today. 

Comments

• Not sure yet, but If I am not travelling, I will try to make it...
  • I may be able to attend.
  • Sweet! Thanks guys. MCM is sending drivers and Geoff might be able to get there as well. I'll bring my MCM kb series drivers to show. I doubt I'll have anything to listen to but we will see. 
  • depending on the date, I *might* be able to attend, my "weekend" is Wed/Thr, but I can request a day off in time. I won't have anything to bring with me by then, most likely.
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • Cool Channing. It will be great to have you. So far I have MCM, PE, and Meniscus lined up for door prizes. And I am sure Eminence  (McJerry) will be bringing goodies as well once he's back from his current excursion to China!
  • Did we ever figure out an exact date?
  • We are leaning toward Nov 12. I should have the final date this afternoon. 
  • So we are a go for Nov12. We do have a venue or venues actually and I will know tomorrow exactly which one. A few years ago it was held at the WKET TV station close to UK. 

I took control of a few things so no themes, no competition. I'm bringing an Emotiva stealth DAC, and if I have time I will come up with a sample disc. If not I may borrow one from a past Iowa or SoDak event. 
  • I'm still on the fence about attending, I'll have to take off work and it's a 10 hour drive. 
  • Waiting on final word for exactly WHICH venue, but we do have a place. Date is Nov 12. 
  • Chuck I heard this is in Lexington?  I can't make the trek this year but I'd be happy to put together a house track for you if you'd like. Text or call me. I don't log in to the forum every day and I don't want to miss your reply. Thanks. 
    My signature goes here
  • Yes we are in Lexington this year. Logistics and a shortened time frame required the move.
  • I'm working out logistics this week, but plan on attending. I doubt I'll bring anything but me, but I'm still excited to hear some speakers and gear!
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • i would love to come, but i'd have to take more time off work and it's a 10 hour drive one way, so I don't think I'll be able to come. 
  • I will be there with the Marksman v2 that were in Iowa.

My daughter wants to tag along too.  She's gone to a couple of RMAF events with me.  I think she likes hanging out with speaker nerds.
  • Excellent Pete! I hope we will have some time to talk. I'd like to pick your brain on a couple of NH things.
  • Venue is secured. We will be at the Lexington Public Library. 140 East Main Street. Just off of Bus60 and Hwy68, near the center of New Circle Road. It is on the 4th floor and there is an elevator.
  • Working on the KY house track - Thanks Chuck for letting me do it - It's my pleasure. 
    jr@macJasonPgreywardenkennyk
    My signature goes here
  • Thanks for doing it Bryan! It sounds fantastic too!
  • Here’s the track listing-

Rainy Night In Georgia – Persuasions

I Remember You – Diana Krall

Heart Of Gold – Neil Young

Sundown – Gordon Lightfoot

Mr. Jones – Counting Crows

Too Much Rope – Roger Waters

Stripped – Depeche Mode

Outlands – Daft Punk – TRON: Legacy OST

kennykgreywardenThumperTom
    My signature goes here
  • How long is the demo? You got a lot of songs.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • kennyk said:
    How long is the demo? You got a lot of songs.
    Yeah it's like 7:30. Kentucky tends to have longer demos so I went to town a little bit. 
    My signature goes here
  • Ky is pretty laid back and usually not as many designs show up. So the longer time is fine. Plus its nice to be able to listen just a bit longer than the norm to get a good feel for what a speaker is capable of. 
  • Do attendees bring a track?  And does it have to be on CD or can I bring it on a thumb drive?
  • It will have to be on a cd Pete. 
  • I'll have to drop out this year... I got something at work that requires me to stay late on firday. Was hoping to leave early on Friday and drive through the night for KY. 
  • Ah you will be missed Ani
  • It will have to be on a cd Pete. 
    How many minutes?
  • Had a great time in Ky. The room, while not exactly easily accessible, was not bad audio wise. We had about 20 participants and I think 18 entries. 
    There was only one entry that I would classify as not good but without knowledge of the builder i dont want to pass judgement. Lets just say, i felt very sad for the little audax tweeter. 

Petes 2way was as good as i had hoped. Well balanced, held their composure during all tracks and dug pretty deep too. Dan Nuebreckers surrounds had an interesting sound and if mounted on a wall or at least very close to it, would be quite good. I received a lot of great feedback and critique on both of my builds and i appreciate the feedback. 

Great time, despite the bit of logistics. If we hold the event there next year, hopefully we can use the theatre on the first floor. Its a well planned room, with good acoustics that will allow us to turn it up a bit too!
  • Hey Bryan! Are you going to share the demo track? =)
    jhollander
    ............. could you hum a few bars.